Business Intelligence Readiness Assessment
One of the first steps in any BI Program is an assessment of the
enterprise readiness for business intelligence.
The assessment determines where the organization is currently on
the Information Intelligence Lifecycle and outlines the appropriate
steps needed to make BI work.
A BI Readiness Assessment helps an enterprise determine:
- Current Information - whether the organisation
has all the information they need to manage their business
- Current Business Intelligence Capability -
transforming existing data into knowledge.
- Current BI Applications - including decision
support, ad hoc query and reporting, statistical analysis, forecasting,
and data mining.
- Timeliness - how timely current information
- Business Need - would having the right information
at the right time be a competitive advantage for the organization.
A readiness assessment answers these questions and defines a high
level roadmap to full Performance Management Capability. This includes:
- Review of the Information Intelligence
- User Groups Analysis
- Review of Current Systems
- KPI Review
Information Intelligence Lifecycle
- Gain a better understanding of your organization’s level
of information maturity
- Discover how more advanced analysis tools fit into the current
- See how the Information Intelligence Lifecycle drives improvements
in your operational systems.
User Groups Analysis
Define and understand how different types of users in your organization
can leverage different types of information distribution methods
such as reporting, ad hoc query and analysis, and dashboards
- Identify data use case scenarios
- Quantification of content consumption types
- System of Record Analysis
- Review existing operational systems to identify issues, problems
and opportunities for collecting the appropriate data to drive
- General review of your operational systems environment
- Subject area integration analysis
- Definition of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Review of KPIs
- Identify your top 5 KPIs
- Recommendations for making BI work for you
Assessment Of BI Readiness Outcome
The outcome of this readiness assessment is an 8-10 page consultant’s
report summarizing where the enterprise is today, where it could
be, and how to get there.
This also includes recommendations on improvements in operational
systems and analysis of appropriate next steps to move the organization
toward better use of your information.
Back To Top
The World's Leading Guide To BI Strategy, Program & Technology
BI Program Index | BI
Governance | Guiding Principles
| BI Program Planning | Measures
| Information Needed
| BI Portfolio | Data