Business Intelligence Guiding Principles
An important of any Business Intelligence Program is establishing
a set of guiding principles around BI. These serves to distinguish
BI programs from other IT initiatives.
The main things to consider when forming BI Guiding Principles
- Make decisions - around what overarching philosophies.
- Develop BI COE's - centers of excellence for
each area of the business that BI touches – together these
form a BI Governance chain.
- BI Competency Center - establishes BI priniciples
and separates BI from other IT.
- Ownership – make sure business knows
it owns the data, and is accountable for data decisions.
- Culture - ensure principles are aligned to
company culture as much as IT policy.
Benefit of BI Guiding Principles
BI Guiding Principles force us to think more about what is going
to work in our BI environment and also what is going to be supported
in the enterprise culture.
Next: BI Program Planning
Back To Top
The World's Leading Guide To BI Strategy, Program & Technology
BI Program Index | BI
Governance | Guiding Principles
| BI Program Planning | Measures
| Information Needed
| BI Portfolio | Data